What’s The Latest For Couples? Tailored Trips Top The List.
By: Patricia Canole
1) GETTING THE STAR TREATMENT If you’re thinking of the Caribbean, think Coconut Bay Resort & Spa in St. Lucia. Inspired by TV’s The Bachelor, lovebirds can create memorable moments with either the Enchantment or Fantasy packages. The "Enchantment" experience includes a private beach picnic, chauffeured half-day island tour, and a one-hour beachside horseback ride. The ultimate "Fantasy" includes all of the previous plus a private catamaran half-day sightseeing and snorkeling cruise. Both packages include a 7-night stay in the newly renovated Harmony Premium ocean view accommodations plus a Champagne check-in, Champagne turndown service, couples-only dinner and an introductory kitesurfing lesson.
|Credit: Coconut Bay Resort & Spa|
2) ISLAND-HOPPING Couples who prefer to see and do rather than slumber in the sand are booking successive nights on two or even three neighboring islands to get a taste of each. Some great Caribbean combos: St. Maarten/St. Barths/Anguilla; Maui/Kauai/Lanai; and Mykonos/Santorini/Crete.
3) TAILORED TO YOUR STYLE For this once-in-a-lifetime vacation, honeymooners are going all out hiring luxury adventure operators such as BriteSpokes to craft custom itineraries with exclusive experiences. At the core are experts who will create and build the kind of trip you would build if you had the time to pour over articles, call family members, colleagues and friends. Choose from adventure, health and fitness, sports, food and wine…and lots more.
|Credit: Brite Spokes|
4) ROADS LESS TRAVELED Adventurous couples are testing the waters in bold new places. Rome (been there), Paris (done that)? Then consider places like Buenos Aires. A little more than an hour from Buenos Aires in the heart of Argentina’s tranquil Pampas countryside lies Estancia La Bamba de Areco, a unique experience awaiting travelers who seek the authentic and the truly different. One of the oldest estancias in the country, it was recently renovated as a boutique hotel with attention paid to every detail. Here, you can watch a Polo match, view a horse whisperer work his magic through superlative horsemanship, take a carriage ride, lounge by the pool, go mountain biking, go fly-fishing, and at the end of the day enjoy a very relaxing massage for two!
5) PRIVATE PLUNGE POOLS There’s a reason Do Not Disturb signs were created. When a quick private plunge pool dip is just steps away, there’s no need to fight the crowd for a lounge chair. We see more and more resorts are catering to honeymooners and romantics by offering suites with private plunge pools where you can frolic in privacy. Take the newly opened, , a 29-acre exclusive beachfront escape just 15 minutes from the Cancun Airport on the secluded Punta Nizuc. It a perfect blend of architecture and design which is evident throughout the property’s suites and villas—most with private plunge pools. Of course, if lovers can pull themselves away from their luxurious plunge pools, a collection of amenities including rejuvenating sessions at ESPA will please.