Friday, June 21, 2013

Real Weddings: Summertime Love

Happy First Day of Summer! For all you 2013 summertime brides-to-be you are likely finalizing all your plans and getting ready for the BIG DAY, but for those who are newly engaged and starting to gather color schemes, cute ideas and photography inspiration for your summer celebrations we have a Real Wedding just for you. 

Chrisie & Austin 
Corolla, North Carolina
Photography by Brooke Mayo


HOW THEY MET  Our story goes all the way back to 1994, when Austin moved to Chesapeake, Virginia, where I lived with my family. At that time, I wasn’t exactly head over heels—yet. Undaunted, Austin didn't want me to go off to college without knowing about his crush on me. So when I passed Austin my yearbook to sign, he saw his chance and wrote, “I know this may sound corny, but I think you are my dream girl.” Fast forward ten years to Northern Virginia where Austin had lived since college and I just moved from North Carolina. It took a while to get the timing right, but one night, a little over three years ago, we were both invited to the same party and the sparks finally flew.

THE PROPOSAL
Austin proposed to me in a spot that held a special place in my heart—at the base of Dark Hallow Falls in the Shenandoah Mountains. It was where my dad proposed to my mother. We stayed at the beautiful Goodstone Inn, where the staff worked with Austin behind the scenes to have our cottage decked out with Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals, and a roaring fire. 

NUMBER OF GUESTS 160.

BRIDAL GOWN I wore a stunning ivory lace gown from Jim Hjelm. The sleeveless V-neck dress was enhanced with ivory ribbon and floral detail.

LOCATION OF WEDDING The Whalehead Club, Corolla, North Carolina. 

WEDDING COLORS Coral and turquoise.

WEDDING CAKE It’s hard to believe, but our beautiful cake tasted even better than it looked. The alternating layers of key lime and éclair suited everyone’s tastes. 

FAVORITE MOMENTS There were too many: Austin’s first glimpse of his “dream girl,” the reception lawn games and, of course, dancing the night away as husband and wife to the awesome band.

FIRST DANCE “Then” by Brad Paisley.

THREE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE THE WEDDING Vintage…Love-filled…Fun.

FAVORS A donation was made to the American Cancer Society. 


HONEYMOON SPOT St. Lucia. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment